Tuesday, February 11, 2014

PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset for PS4

Playstation is releasing their new headphones for the PS4 and at first glance they look like a definite improvement over the Pulse Elite. They are called "PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset" as seen below the design are very different but they have all the same features. I have the Pulse Elite and the only problem I have with them is they feel fragile. I purchased mine used and they were already cracked near the giant silver knob on. The new headphones looked to address that issue but i'm not sure how comfortable the ear pads feel based on the look. I digging the new design and the colors especially. The downside I'm just found after searching reddit is these headphones don't include the 3.5mm headphone jack plug in the USB dongle. Why is they bad well that means you can't connect them wirelessly to your TV and have all sound come out of the TV to the headphones. Bummer. Maybe the Pulse Elite dongle will work with them. Gold Wireless Stereo are priced @ $99. The Pulse Elite for the time being are $150. Possible price drop could happen. Thanks to IGN for the pictures and video below.
 Gold Wireless Stereo
Pulse Elite Headphones

IGN was nice enough to do a unboxing up the new headphones which I've included below. Check it out and let me know your thoughts.

No comments: